Did you know that if you’re planning to attend IAML 2023, and are a paid up personal or institutional member of IAML UK & Ireland, you might be eligible for a bursary?
You didn’t? Well…check out the…
IAN LEDSHAM BURSARY FUND FOR IAML INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
Applications for bursaries for the 2023 Cambridge IAML International Congress are currently open for applications. The deadline for applications is the 23rd of April.
The Ian Ledsham Bursary Fund exists to honour the memory of Ian Ledsham, a long-standing and much respected member of the UK & Ireland Branch of IAML, who died in September 2005. It offers financial support to IAML UK & Ireland Branch members who wish to attend IAML’s international conferences. Ian very much appreciated the opportunities provided by attendance at these conferences.
The Ian Ledsham Bursary is awarded annually to a member of IAML (UK & Irl) in order to assist attendance at IAML international conferences.
In 2023, as the IAML international congress is being hosted in Cambridge this year, the Music Libraries Trust are pleased to announce they will be providing a number of bursaries to IAML (UK & Irl) members for attendance. These may be a mixture of full and part bursaries, depending on the number and the needs of applicants.
To apply please see the procedure below.
- Applicants must be paid-up personal or institutional members of the IAML UK & Ireland Branch (as defined in the UK & Irl Branch Constitution Art. XVI) at the point at which the application is made. Preference will be given to applicants who are active within the Branch.
- Applicants must be international IAML members if they wish to qualify for the members’ rates.
- People already in receipt of Branch funding for a specific project will normally be ineligible.
- The award is meant to contribute to the cost of attending the conference, not to cover all expenses. It is unlikely that we will be able to contribute to subsistence costs, and expect the award to be a maximum of £395 per applicant.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate the potential benefits to themselves and their institution by attending the conference.
- It would normally be expected that the applicant’s institution will grant leave to attend the conference. Any letters of institutional support would be welcomed as part of the application.
- Bursary recipients are advised to take out suitable insurance to cover their costs in the event of their non-attendance, as the bursary will normally be paid after attendance.
Successful candidates must write a 1000-word report of attending the conference, to be sent to the Bursaries Administrator. The Executive Committee of IAML (UK & Irl) reserves the right to publish all or part of the report on the branch blog.